2005 J Boats J/133
Yacht price :
“Paladin” Has been very well cared for by her past and present owner, many recent upgrades to this J/133 have been done as well as to the sail inventory makes this a must see if you are looking for a spacious and fast racer /cruiser that is ready to go!
- J Boats
- San Diego, CA, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Racer and Cruiser
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 43 ft - 13.11 meter
- Draft - max:
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- Max Speed:
LOA: 43.0 ft
LWL: 37.8 ft
BEAM: 12.78 ft
MAX DRAFT: 7.5 ft
DISPLACEMENT: 19,226 lbs (Weighed at New England Boat Works)
MAST HEIGHT ABOVE WATER: 64' 9" plus B&G Wand
T A N K S
Fresh Water: 90 (50 & 40 gal tanks)
E N G I N E
Engine Brand: Yanmar Engine Hours:
Engine(s) HP: 54
Engine Model: 4JH4-CE, Saildrive SD-40
Fresh water cooled, 4 cylinder, naturally aspirated diesel engine with Racor fuel filter & 125 amp Power Max alternator.
• Yanmar recessed engine instrument panel in cockpit with Lexan cover.
• Flex-O-Fold two-blade, geared folding propeller.
• Sound insulation throughout engine box area.
• Shift/throttle cable control.
Cruising Speed: 7.5 knots
Maximum Speed: 8.0 knots
S T E E R I N G
• Carbon fiber reinforced composite rudder blade & custom carbon rudder shaft mounted in high quality rudder bearings.
• Molded steering pedestal with Ritchie binnacle compass, SS Guard to accommodate radar/plotter pod, Edson steering components and 60” Diamond series wheel with elkhide comfort grip.
• Teak helmsman foot braces.
• Aluminum emergency tiller with deck plate access.
NEW Jaffe upper & lower Rudder Bearing 2011
S A I L S
• (1) 2011 North 3Di Main with numbers and class logo
• (1) 2010 Sobstad Pentex in New Condition Antel cars and track/two reefs / spreader patches
• (1) 2011 North 3Di Med #1
• (1) 2011 Dacron Cruising #3
• (1) 2009 Sobstad Pentex 155% #1 on furler with spreader patches
• (1) 2005 North 3DL # 3 Genoa used very little / Harken Tape System
• (1) 2005 Dacron Jib #4 Used Once / Tape System
• (1) 2005 Dacron Storm Trysail - Never Used
KITE / SPINNAKERS:
• 2012 North 2A .6 oz 2200 sq ft
• 2011 Code 0 with roller furling gear
• 2005 North Blue 2A Nylon 180Sq M - Off Wind
• 2005 North Red & White 3A Nylon 135 Sq M - Reacher|
• Spinnaker Snuffer - Never Used
PHRF Rating: 18 / 24
N A V
• B & G Factory software upgrades 2011
• B & G 20/20s (4) on mast display (2) on companionway hood (1) at Nav
• B & G H2000 race pack NMEA FFD twin processor
• B & G Wind Analog carbon mast bracket
• B & G Halcyon compass ,speed, depth transducers
• B & G H2000 Autopilot cockpit 20/20 control display
• ICOM VHF receiver
• Handheld VHF receiver for cockpit
• GPS Raymarine Chartplotter.
• SailComp system compass with cockpit readout
• Raymarine Active Radar System
• Raymarine ST60 GPS
• Raymarine C80 color chartplotter - US West & East Coast & Central america
• Navigation, steaming & compass lights
* Handheld Sighting Compass
• Richie Mag compass at helm
• 2 handheld GPS units
• Heel angle gauge in cockpit
• Jensen Marine CD/AM/ FM radio stereo system with four speakers, two in cockpit
H U L L A N D D E C K
• White Gel Coat hull with single black bootstripe.
• White Gel Coat deck with non-skid
• SCRIMP infusion molded sandwich construction using biaxial, triaxial and quadraxial E-glass with Baltek Super-Light 45 end-grained balsa core in the Hull and Deck. Vinylester resin throughout all GRP components. (SCRIMP is the patented resin infusion molding process of TPI Technologies, Inc.)
• Hull-to-deck joint bonded with aircraft-grade methacrylate adhesive.
• Lamination specifications to exceed ABS offshore yacht standards.
• TPI 5 year structural warranty with 10 year transferable warranty against hull blisters.
• Molded structural grid infused to hull for a primary bond to hull shell. Grid includes keel floors, mast step, engine bed and longitudinal supports.
• GRP molded main structural bulkhead, bonded with epoxy to the hull and deck with dual openings to forepeak & head.
• Molded companionway seahood with integral instrument pod, molded slider and acrylic drop board equipped with inside/outside stainless hasp and storage rack in cockpit locker.
• Molded stern boarding/swim platform with boarding ladder.
• ORC height foredeck toe-rails integrally molded into deck forward of mast.
• Variable chord, high lift, low VCG keel with bulb and optional shoal keel.
• Stainless steel handrails on cabin trunk.
• Bow locker with deck hatch and overboard drainage for stowage of anchoring gear or spinnaker in snuffer.
• Cockpit seat locker to port capable of storing a 6-man life raft.
• Two lazarette lockers on afterdeck.
• Molded propane locker to starboard, vented & drained overboard.
E L E C T R I C A L
• House batteries capacity = 210 amp hours
• Engine Battery Optima 1000 (1,100 CCA) battery for dedicated service
• Battery Isolator with parallel switch to allow engine start from house bank.
• Xantrex Link 20 Battery Monitor (Replaced by Link 2000 with Marina Group Option).
• Master battery switch at nav station with (1,2,Both,Off) for House batteries
and single On/Off switch for engine start battery.
• DC Electrical distribution panel w/digital condition meters and circuit breakers.
• Galvanic Isolation Protection with Marina Group Option.
• 9 Swiveling stainless halogen reading lamps, halogen overhead lights in main cabin, flexible armed lamo at nav station, and fluorescent light in the head.
• Bonding system to meet ABYC project E-4.5 and E-4.8 Lightning protection.
• DC (& optional AC) grounding systems to meet ABYC E-8 and E-9.
• Propane solenoid.
• Twin Probe ABYC and USCG gas alarm
• Flash hot water heater
P L U M B I N G
• Hot & cold pressure water system with hot water tank and accumulator tank.
• Self-priming direct sump pump for shower draining directly overboard.
• Automatic bilge pump with float switch and dedicated panel in nav station wired direct to DC system.
• Manually operated bilge pump mounted in the cockpit.
• 50 gallons of water standard in custom molded tank with baffles, inspection port, and secured in place below starboard main cabin settee berth.
• 40 gallons of additional water in custom molded tank with baffles.
• Icebox drain with valve to bilge.
• Marelon seacocks below waterline including head intake, head discharge, head & galley sink drains.
• Through-hulls include bowsprit-housing drain, anchor locker drain, stainless engine exhaust on transom, bilge pump discharge on transom, wheel well drain, LPG locker drain.
I N T E R I O R
• New Ultra Suede Interior Cushion Covers in Blue (Original Tan Set Included)
• 6’ 4” headroom in main cabin.
• Main cabin with varnished cherry veneered bulkheads and furniture units, with cold molded and solid varnished trim.
• Fore and aft cabins finished with off-white vinyl hull surfaces.
• Forward Cabin includes a hanging locker, vanity with cabinet and drawers and changing seat to port, a large V-berth platform with hinged access to storage below, port side shelf on hull, a watertight bow sprit enclosure and small vanity to starboard. Transducer access through small access area in teak and holly cabin floor.
• Large head with molded sink, outboard storage locker, H&C shower with dedicated shower sump draining overboard.
• Main cabin settee berths with split and bolstered backrest cushions port and starboard. Two sets of covers Tan And Blue
• Cabinet storage outboard of port & starboard settees each with two doors and mid-height bookshelf between.
• Varnished cherry wood slats on hull sides above settee backrests in main salon and nav station.
• Storage compartments behind the seat backrest cushions.
• Varnished cherry main cabin, drop-leaf table with bottle storage compartment.
• Vinyl lining on overhead.
• Removable teak & holly veneer floor panels finished in varnish with underside and ends sealed with epoxy.
• Large, sit-down, forward facing nav table with chart storage, instrument panel, bookshelf and outboard storage shelf.
• Overhead stainless grab rails in main cabin to port and starboard.
• Aft Starboard Cabin: Double berth with cushions, vinyl hull siding, vanity with drawers and cabinet, full length shelf, hanging locker, and varnished teak & holly cabin sole.
• Aft Port Head
G A L L E Y
• High polished double stainless sink mounted in Nevamar laminated J-shaped galley countertop with varnished cold-molded fiddles.
• Three-burner Force 10 propane stove/broiler/oven with slide-away oven door recess and S.S. stove bar.
• Two 6lb aluminum propane bottles in cockpit propane locker connected through solenoid shutoff switch. Locker capacity for three bottles.
• Manual fresh water foot pump.
• 6.5 cu.ft. icebox/refrig with dual hinged top, and internal acrylic sliding shelf/divider.
• Dry goods storage bins outboard.
• SS vertical grab bar mounted on forward inboard corner of galley and attached to deck.
• Griddle and pan storage locker under stove.
• Flatware and utensil drawers.
• Large trash bin storage with flip-lid access under counter.
• microwave oven.
D E C K HARDWARE
• Harken 60.2 AST self-tailing 2 speed primary winches (2).
• Harken 48.2 STA self-tailing, 2 speed mainsheet winches (2).
• Harken 48.2 STA self-tailing, 2 speed, secondary winches mounted on the cabin
trunk (2). Main halyard winch is electric
• Harken 46.2 STA self-tailing , 2 speed forward halyard winches (2).
• Four Harken Speedgrip lock-in winch handles with four PVC winch handle holders.
• Custom Stainless mast collar with fastening points for halyard blocks.
• Harken “Black Magic” blocks for reef lines, spinnaker and genoa blocks.
• Harken stainless “ESP” halyard and reef blocks at mast collar.
• Spinlock rope clutches for halyards, reef lines, furler line, and tack line.
• Harken mainsheet and traveler system with Black Magic series blocks & components.
• Harken adjustable jib/genoa car system with purchase system led to the cockpit.
• Stainless bow pulpit and stern rail with opening boarding gate.
• Custom stainless stemhead fitting.
• Tapered lifeline stanchions with amidship boarding gates port and starboard.
• Four 10” 4-bolt mooring cleats.
• Three articulated, acrylic hatches with screens.
• Nine opening ports and one fixed port (over Nav station) on cabin trunk with screens.
• Two opening ports with screens in cockpit well, one each for port and starboard aft cabins.
• Thurston cockpit dodger with roll-up forward window & removable side curtains.
• Telescoping transom swimming ladder.
• Four 16x24 polypropylene mesh line bags.
• J/Boats reinforced deck for Inner forestay
• Large Edson leather warpped wheel
• Lazy Jack system
• Burgee hayard
- 2 x Spectra jib halyards ( 1 new warp speed jib halyard)
- 2 x spinnaker halyards (1 new warp speed spin halyard)
- Main halyard (1 new warp speed main halyard)
- Mainsheet system ( new main sheet)
- Jib sheets and spinnaker sheets (New warp speed jib and spin sheets)
Spinnaker tack line system for running the pole in and out
S P A R S A N D R I G G I N G
• Hall Spars pre-preg carbon fiber mast autoclaved at 80 PSI at 250 deg F. Mast includes double airfoil aluminum spreaders, carbon gooseneck, white Awlgrip finish, painted black bands, wire runs in conduit, Antal mainsail track for #40 cars with loader and end fittings to accommodate sailmaker provided mainsail sliders and/or boltrope. Also included with the mast are; Spartite mast wedge material, anchor light, steaming light,ORC mast attachment system to mast step.
• Mast Step: G10 epoxy custom fit mast step attaches to molded centerline longitudinal hull stringer with four SS bolts tapped to integral aluminum plate.
• Hall Spars boom of 6061-T6 aluminum with white Awlgrip finish, welded gooseneck fitting, lug for boom vang, internal 12:1 mainsail outhaul with external cleat, bale for mainsheet block and painted white bands. Outboard end to accommodate single line reef to starboard and 2nd clew reef to port.
• White Awlgrip coated carbon fiber whisker pole, 17’
• Hall Spars retractable carbon fiber J/Sprit with clearcoat Awlgrip finish.
• Hall D-30 QuikVang.
• Harken MKIII Unit 2.0 furling system with twin groove airfoil performance extrusion, corrosion proof spool and drum, tapered torque tube, AirSwivel for reduced weight aloft, cast aluminum Hardcote anodized chafe guard, and low stretch adjuster line.
• Navtec continuous rod rigging and turnbuckles.
• Sailtec integral hydraulic backstay.
• Harken tackle system for bowsprit with control line led to cabin top rope clutch.
• Bowsprit bearing system with drain mounted in hull housing and exterior neoprene seal.
• Optimized Hall rigging package including; two Technora jib halyards, two Spectra spinnaker halyards each with Tylaska SS shackles and flemish eye terminations, 1:1 main halyard of Technora with Wichard shackle, Mainsheet and two traveler control adjuster lines, two Spectra genoa sheets, two tapered Spectra spinnaker sheets, Spectra spinnaker tack line, three reef lines: One continuous reef line to starboard. Tack reef #2 doubles as cunningham to port. Clew reef #2 is included with its own dedicated hardware.
S A F E T Y G E A R
• Emergency VHF antenna
• Safety straps on companionway door and on all through hull wooden plugs
• Two 6 man life rafts, (1) Inshore (1) offshore certified Oct 2011
• Large 406 MHz EPIRB
• Emergency bags for each raft containing epirb, SART, Survival Food Packet, water, fishing tackle, signaling mirror, whistle, battery powered red/green running light, sea dye marker, light sticks, ice pack, inflatable repair kit, horn, nylon string, can opener, Bonine, drogue, waterproof matches, GPS, waterproof flashlight, first aid kit, handheld flares, backup flashlight, batteries, bulbs
• 10 Safety harnesses and tethers
• 10 USCG approved life vests
• Body blankets
• Craftsman carbide battery powered saw for standing rigging
• Two large sail number pennants for life line and deck
• Sea drogue steering system
• Required publications aboard:
- U. S. Dept. of Homeland Security Navigation Rules
- The Racing Rules of Sailing 2009-2012
- Advanced First Air Afloat
• Large first aid kit
• Flare kit
• 4 Fire Extinuishers
• Two diesel fuel five gallon jerry cans for extra range
• Nylon emergency cover
• Complete set of signal flags
• 3 anchors. Main CQR with 100’ chain, 250’ rode, plus two Danforths for racing
• Two jack lines, port and starboard, for connecting safety harnesses, two throw cushions, two line bags with throw lines, aluminum adjustable reaching pole, life ring, MOM 8
• Emergency tiller
• Rigging spares tool box
• Yanmar spares tool box
• Tool box with misc tool
M I S C
- • New ( 2011) Cockpit dodger and frame, never used
• New bottom put on 2011, sanded to 1200 grit, then burnished. (Petit Vivid with carbon bottom paint new 2011
• Force 10 Barbecue and mount
• Ships complement of non-skid plates, saucers, cups, silverware, galley tools
• Double thick V-berth mattress
• New screens for portholes
• Main cabin air circulation fan plus portable battery powered fan
• Ships clock and weather station, eight inch ship’s bell, foghorn
• 3 x Harken winch handles
• Blue Sunbrella Mainsail cover, jib cover, helm cover, winch covers life line pads
• Complete set of white cockpit cushions, like new condition
• Mooring lines and fenders plus spares, extra sheets, extra 200’ anchor rode
• Isbrantsen Overall Perpetual Trophy for outstanding yacht (out of 170 boats) at June 2005 Block Island Race Week, also first in class, and first in the Round the Island Race and a trophy for winning most competitive class
• 1st Place Vallarta Cup 2011
• 2nd Place MEXORC Div5, 6th Overall 2011
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.