1999 J Boats J/120
Yacht price :
Come see J ALMIGHTY located in San Diego! She is a proven race winner with a great sail inventory, a white hull with contracting tan nonskid decks and black canvas.
She is now ready for a new home, and will make her next owner very happy - whether racing with the well established J/120 class in Southern California, cruising to Catalina, or anywhere else for that matter! Please feel free to drop us a line with any questions.
- J Boats
- SAN DIEGO, CA, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- J ALMIGHTY
- Boat Type:
- Racer and Cruiser
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Rod Johnstone
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 40 ft - 12.19 meter
- 40 ft - 12.19 meter
- 12 ft - 3.66 meter
- Draft - max:
- 7 ft - 2.13 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- 13900 lbs
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Direct Drive
- Fuel Type:
- 27 (Individual), 27 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- 27 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 75 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 13 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
2009 - North 3DL Delivery Main
DELIVER JIB DACRON:
LARGE (165 SQ M) ASYO 3/4 OZ - 2013
LARGE (165 SQ M) ASYO 1/2 OZ - 2014 / 2013 / 2011
MED (147 SQ M) ASY 1/2 OZ - 2013
SMALL (120 SQ M) ASYO - 2013
Bottom painted at Driscoll Boat Yard - 2016
Rudder bearing inspected - 2016
Standing Rigging (Headstay/ Backstay / Rod Rigging replaced - SD Boat Works) - 2016
New Harken Winches - 2016
New Harken Back stay Adjuster - 2016
Boat waxed every 6 months
Interior Re-varnished 2015
Head cleaned and new hoses
Engine serviced by PAC WEST (annually)
Mast / Boom/ Sprit repainted 2009
Wheel re- powder coated and leather removed
Keel And Rudder Professionally Faired - 2010
Coastal Liferaft 6 man - 2014
Three times winner of Class Newport to Ensenada Race. (2013, 2014, 2015)
Two times winner of Class Boarder Run Race 2011 and 2012
Three times winner of Class Long Point Race Week
Five times winner of the J/120 fleet 4 Offshore Series 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Two times winner of the coveted J/120 Southern Calif Fleet 4 Overall Championship Series 2012 and 2015
Two times winner of the San Diego Overall Championship Series 2013 and 2016
CANVAS - ALL IN BLACK
- MAINSAIL COVER
- WHEEL COVER
- WINCH COVERS
- HATCH COVERS
Spars and Rigging
- Mast & boom pulled and repainted April 2008
- Standing rigging inspected April 2008
- Hall Spars 6061-T6 tapered aluminum performance mast section with double airfoil spreaders, finished in off-white Awlgrip, w/painted black bands, steaming light, internal wire conduit and pre-drilled head ventilation holes.
- Hall Spars boom w/welded end fittings, 8:1 internal outhaul purchase system, mainsail reef sheaves, mainsheet bail, and vang lug. Finish in off-white Awlgrip
- Retractable Carbon Fiber J/Sprit extendable to 7' beyond bow w/molded GRP end caps.
- B&G AT COMPANIONWAY
- B&G AT NAV STATION
- 30 AMP SHOREPOWER
- AC/DC PANEL WITH BREAKERS
- VHF RADIO
- LED NAV AND RUNNING LIGHTS
Hull & Deck
- Lloyd's approved, Baltek Contourkore end grained balsa composite construction using biaxial and unidirectional glass with vinylester resin on the outer hull layer.
TPI patented SCRIMP resin infusion system molding
process for optimum laminate strength with 65-70% glass
content in structural skins.
6,000 lb. 7.0' draft, variable chord, high lift, lead keel bolted
and epoxy bonded to deep molded stub w/sump.
- White deck with a high traction Tan non-skid.
- White gelcoat hull
Low maintenance extruded white ORC 1.5" foredeck, winch
grinder, and helmsman toe-rails.
- Large aft cockpit storage locker & 2 lazarette lockers.
- Molded stern platform w/swim ladder.
Molded spray shield with dodger storage and companionway
GRP molded structural bulkhead supporting chainplates
bonded to hull, deck, and mast step.
All intermediate bulkheads glassed to hull and deck for
stiffness. SCRIMP molded structural grid infused to hull during
- Custom fabricated I-beam aluminum mast step.
- Wood paneling with varnished teak cold molded trim, teak drawer and cabinet faces.
- Teak Batten lined hull siding. (removed to keep in new condition)
- Cushions in blue ultra suede
- Varnished teak & holly cabin sole.
- Forward cabin w/private head entrance, hanging locker with mesh cover, changing seat with cushions, storage below, duffel storage bin below berth, and bureau with drawers to starboard.
- Aft cabin to starboard including hanging locker with mesh cover, changing seat outboard w/ storage under, and large berth measuring 48"x78"x29".
- Settee berths in main cabin with large backrest storage compartments, shelves, and storage outboard of back rests.
- Deluxe bolstered cushions
- Drop-leaf table with cold molded fiddles & stainless base.
- Large chart table w/chart storage and hinged overhead electrical & instrumentation panel. Tool storage below hinged seat.
- Head with two access doors (from fwd stateroom and main cabin) including a manual shower, sink, vanity, mirror, and storage. This area contains mast & separate sump with grate.
- Stainless companionway ladder with varnished teak treads & non-skid strips.
- Vinyl overhead in main, forward and aft cabins.
- Gimbaled, 2 burner Force 10 propane stove & oven
- Highly polished stainless double sink recessed below 1/2" off-white Fountain head counter covering.
- Vertical stainless grab post.
- Molded 6.0 cu.ft. refrigerated icebox with 4" foam insulation, dual lids, utility storage shelf and slider.
- (2) Dry goods storage areas w/ shelf & acrylic slider covers.
- Cup/Bowl & Plate storage on aft galley bulkhead.
- Two utensil drawers
- Pot storage cabinet with mid-height shelf below drawers.
- Laminated cold molded fiddles.
- Additional pot and pan storage under oven.
- Trash storage under sink w/flip lid access.
- Cabinet for cleaning supplies under sink.
Plumbing / Electrical
- Manual bilge pump in cockpit.
- Electric bilge pump with manual or float switch mode.
- Manual fresh water foot pump in head and galley.
- 75-gallon water capacity with 2 baffled tanks under settees.
- Raritan Marine head with 13 gallon holding tank and "Y" valve and overboard discharge pump.
- Refrigerated Icebox drain with valve.
- Head/shower sump pump.
- Hot & Cold pressure water system with 6 gallon water heater.
- Cockpit fresh water shower.
- (5) Marelon seacocks and double-clamped hoses below the waterline.
- Hull & Deck
- Deluxe lighting package with overhead halogen in galley, dedicated swing out nav light, swiveling tulip & dome lights.
- (2) 8G27 - 87 AHR gel-cell batteries.
- Bass 12V DC metered panel.
- Bass battery switch with 100 amp DC main breaker.
- 110V Shorepower system including 110V panel, three 110V outlets, 50' shore cord and receptacle, ProMariner Galvanic Isolator with monitoring device
- UL approved stranded, tinned copper ABYC color coded wiring throughout.
- Navigation lights and steaming light.
- Low maintenance extruded white ORC
- (2) Harken 48.2 STA (self-tailing) primary winches.
- Bow locker with deck hatch for anchoring gear and fully rigged asymmetrical
- (4) Harken 44.2 STA halyard & mainsheet winches.
- (2) 10" Speed-Grip & (2) 8" B8AL aluminum lock-in winch handles w/(3) PVC handle holders.
- Large cockpit storage locker & 2 lazarette lockers.
- Watertight forward collision bulkhead
- 2:1 Mainsheet system of Harken Black Magic Blocks w/(3) 75mm 1969 leading to 1955 cheeks to P&S mainsheet winches.
- Molded stern platform w/swim ladder.
- Molded spray shield with dodger storage and companionway instrument pod.
- Harken adjustable mainsheet traveler with 4:1 purchase, includes 560 track, 515 car, 1515 controls, 564/565 track ends w/integral cams.
- Harken clear anodized jib & genoa tracks & end-stops with (4) Harken 1997 T-Track cars.
- Harken Black Magic checkstay blocks system including (2) 57mm 1958 mounted to backstay chainplate & (2) 1963 transom cheek blocks.
- Harken Black Magic 75mm 1973 double footblocks outboard of cockpit for checkstay tails & spin sheets.
- 150 cams near primaries for spin. sheets when not in use.
- Disappearing checkstay system w/(3) Harken 082 bullets, hose clamps and shock cord.
- Harken 1969 spinnaker sheet blocks on Wichard 6544 U-bolts forward of stern pulpit legs.
- (6) Harken Black Magic 1958 halyard/reef turning blocks mounted on Wichard #6533A "U"-Bolts. Halyards lead aft through (2) Schaefer triple organizers to Spinlock stoppers.
- Roller furling control line w/Harken 168 foredeck block, S.S. lined bullseyes and Harken 150 cam cleat w/328 cam fairlead.
- 2:1 J/Sprit control line leading to (2) Harken 027 Sprit blocks, 023 block on forward bulkhead, & aft through bulkheads to cockpit 150 cam.
- (2) Bow chocks, (2) 10.5" bow cleats, (2) 8" stern cleats.
- Custom S.S. stemplate w/tack fitting & attachment studs for optional anchor roller, chainplates, & backstay tang.
- (5) Lewmar Ocean Series Hatches.
- (5) Bomar aluminum framed cabin opening ports and (1) fixed port on cabin sides (3) Bomar cockpit opening ports.
- Thurston companionway dodger with side curtains mounted against splash molding w/boot.
- Double 5/32" lifelines & tapered stainless stanchions w/custom bases, double S.S. bow & stern rails, and stern gate.
- (4) 12" x 24" poly mesh line bags.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.