1985 Norseman Yachts 447
Yacht price :
"Maajhi Re" is an excellent example of a Norseman 447. She has been tended to and impeccably maintained by her owners since 2005 including a total refit in 2012 and a repower in 2017. Originally delivered to San Francisco, she has voyaged to the South Pacific and New Zealand, Australia, Asia, the Philippines, Japan and the West Coast, Canada and Alaska. Visiting "Maajhi Re" and seeing her beauty up close will give you more than reason to consider her for your next (or first1) world cruiser. She is turnkey ready to go and one of the best bluewater yachts you will ever come across. Maajhi Re attracts admiring comments wherever she goes.
- Norseman Yachts
- Seattle, WA, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Maajhi Re
- Boat Type:
- Center Cockpit
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 45 ft - 13.72 meter
- 44 ft 7 in - 13.59 meter
- 13 ft - 3.96 meter
- Draft - max:
- 6 ft 4 in - 1.93 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- 50 gallons - 2 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 30 gallons - 4 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 30 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
Robert Parry's Norseman 447 design is widely considered one of his best offshore/bluewater boats, and Maajhi Re is unquestionably one of the finest examples of this beautiful design, having been maintained and upgraded with little regard for cost. Unlike most current generation production cruisers this boat was not designed and built to meet a market price point nor to give the impression of a sailing condo. The boat was designed as a no-compromise offshore passage maker capable of safe comfortable ocean passages while easily making 180 miles per day with a short-handed crew. She was built by Ta Shing, considered to be one of the best boatyards in Asia and one of the best in the world. It carries only the highest quality hardware supplied by well-known manufacturers.
Long fin keel
Discvplacement 28,000 lbs
Ballast 12,000 lbs
Sail Area 1076 Sq Ft
Bridge Clearance 58'6"
- Repaint topsides (hull) Awlgrip
- Repaint deck and house Awlgrip
- Bottom stripped, gelcoat removed, dried 6 months, West System Epoxy/heavy dynel sheath, faired, 6 coats of Gelshield200 epoxy waterproofer, antifouled.
- Mast unstepped, boom and mast stripped of hardware, and refinished with Awlgrip
- Complete teak deck replacement with 1st grade teak. Glued not screwed.
- New Harken mainsheet system
- New main outhaul system in boom
- New boom brake blocks, pad eyes, sheet and clutch (Spinlock)
- New folding pad eyes (4) for dinghy tie down
- Chain plates removed, inspected and re-installed
- New backstay chain plate
- Rudder removed, fitted with new bearings and seals
- Inspection of all mast tangs, sheaves, bolts and fittings
- New Nylex Dodger and Sunbrella clear covers
- New Dyneema running backstays and most running rigging replaced
- New Dyneema lifelines
- New mast base blocks, Schaeffer
- Replaced all ports with Newfound Metals ss ports
- Primary fuel tanks and water tank removed, bilge cleaned, bulkheads replaced and painted
- Primary fuel tanks replaced in marine grade alloy
- Water tank replaced in 316 grade ss
- New genoa tracks and cars
- New jib tracks and cars
- Mast rewired
- Steering system dismantled and inspected, cables and grease fittings replaced
- New bunk cushions and upholstery
- New saloon cushions and upholstery
- New 4 coachhouse side windows, Lexan
- New 5 hatch clears, Lexan
- Galley benchtops replaced
- New treads, companionway steps
- New folding teak cockpit table
- New teak outboard, dinghy and anchor supports, and anchor chain runner
- New aux and genset exhaust through-hulls
- New solar panels and regulator
- All deck fittings removed, checked and polished or replaced
- New mast clutches 3 x Spinlock
- New PortVisor portlight rainshields fitted to above deck and transom portlights
Other recent upgrades
- Balmar MC-614H external regulator 2013
- All new rigging and turnbuckles 2014
- New Brookhouse wifi iMux (nav data throughout boat on wifi) 2014
- New wind generator 2014
- New autopilot hydraulic pump 2014
- New AMEC Camino Class B AIS (wifi model) and antenna 2015
- New house batteries, 8 x Trojan T105+ 6 volt batteries 2015
- New Spectra spare main and genoa halyards fitted plus second spinnaker halyard 2015
- New masthead sheaves 2016
- New Shakespeare VHF masthead antenna 2016
- Reco hydraulic boom vang 2016
- New Harken "Racing" genoa roller/reefer 2016
- Primary anchor chain regalvanized 2016
- New genset electric fuel pump 2016
- New Sunbrella staysail bag 2017
- New Sunbrella mainsail stack pack, Dyneema lazy jacks 2017
- New Beta 60 aux diesel 2017. Now 530hrs and under warranty. New gauges and instrument panel. Remote (easy access) oil filter, belt drive alternator
- Engine bay painted 2017
- New prop blades, 20" Autostream feathering 2017
- New PSS ShaftSeal 2017
- New prop shaft flex coupling 2017
- New Depth Sounder transducer (B&G) 2017
- New Standard Horizon GX1700B GPS VHF radio 2017
- New Ultra Bilge Pump Switch with High water alarm 2017
- Borg Warner Velvet Drive transmission overhauled 2017
- New fuel delivery and return lines 2017
- New Balmar 120V alternator 2018
- New Victron Isolation Transformer 3600 watts 120/240 Volt step-up /Stepdown 2018
Maajhi Re's spacious below deck layout is designed to provide both comfort and safety. Handrails are placed on both sides of the companionway,and are located within easy reach throughout the boat.
Full 6' plus standing headroom is provided throughout. Maajhi-Re sleeps four in two double cabins located forward and aft, and an additional single berth is available in the salon. Heads with showers are provided forward and aft.
10 opening Newfound Metals ss ports and 5 Goiot hatches provide a bright and airy atmosphere and additional ventilation is provided by 12v fans located in the galley, and forward and aft cabins.
Above deck and transom ports are offered rain protection with Lexan PortVisor rainshields.
Lighting is all LED, and red courtesy lighting is provided in the saloon and aft cabin.
The cabins are finished in the Herreshoff style using a combination teak and white Formica bulkheads with teak moldings and trim. Overhead white Formica panels held in place with teak trim allow easy access to deck fittings. The cabin sole is teak and holly throughout. All cushions and bunks were replaced in 2012 with high quality foam and upholstery. Cabinetry fit and finish is exquisite, and all drawers are constructed with dovetail joints. Counter tops in the galley and both heads are easy-to-maintain Formica.
The spacious double aft cabin has a king size bed over 3 large drawers and drop-down lockers and book shelves on both sides. Five portlights and a large hatch provide ample ventilation and visibility. There are 2 large hanging lockers. Forward of the bed is a mirrored dresser with two generous cupboards and 4 drawers. A small seat with storage underneath is just inside the cabin door. Generous storage areas are accessed under the 6" mattress.
The aft head and separate shower are accessed through a door off the aft cabin on the port side.
A spacious navigation station with a chart table is sized to easily examine paper charts and view navigating data on the monitor. The large storage cabinet integrated into the chart table houses the Panasonic Toughbook navigation computer and AIS. Depth gauge, wind speed/direction, boat speed, SSB/Ham and VHF radios, Pactor modem and recording barometer are secured to a wrap-around shelf, within easy reach from the nav seat. Electrical panels for 12v DC and 240v AC systems, stereo, and AC generator controls are also within reach.
To port, opposite the Navigation Station, is a spacious U-shaped galley with the counter space necessary for meal preparation at sea. A galley belt provides security during heavy weather. The galley has a 3 burner Force Ten stove and oven with broiler, two very deep double stainless steel sinks, salt- and fresh- water foot pumps, built in refuse receptacle, top and front-loading refrigerator and top loading freezer. Extensive cabinet and drawer storage is provided for accommodation of large pressure cooker, pots, pans, and other galley essential equipment.
Forward of the galley is a beautiful main salon with U-shaped dinette to port and settee to starboard that provides comfortable seating for 7-8. High quality upholstery with lumbar support, elegant louvered teak cabinets, teak book shelves, and ample natural lighting provide a comfortable setting for dining or relaxing at sea. The starboard settee makes up into a secure sea bunk with lee cloth. Extensive storage is available beneath the seating areas.
Through a sliding teak door forward of the main salon is a head and shower to port, with a very large double door storage locker, and a mirrored medicine cabinet. An opening port and overhead hatch provide ventilation. Opposite the head to starboard is a spacious fitted locker.
The forward cabin has two large drawers beneath the double berth and teak cabinets and shelving port and starboard. There are also 4 drop down cupboards. The anchor locker is accessed through a louvered door at the foot of the berth.
Beta 60 naturally aspirated diesel engine, 4 cylinder, 2.4 litre capacity, new 2017, approx. 500 hours, under warranty (new 2017)
1.25" propshaft with PSS Shaft seal (New 2017)
3 blade 20" Autostream feathering propellor, new blades 2017, (a set of 18" blades in excellent condition go with the boat for emergency spares)
Borg-Warner 71 series Velvet Drive transmission with V drive, reconditioned 2017
Flexible coupling (new 2017)
Entec 5 KW diesel generator, this uses a Kubota engine, spares readily available worldwide
Balmar 120 amp alternator (new 2018) belt driven from the aux, Balmar MC-614H external regulator (2013)
2 x 80 W solar panels 2012 and Xantrex charge/load controller
Sunforce 600 W Wind Generator 2014, MPPT Marine Controller, 30A analog ammeter
Victron Energy Isolation Transformer, 3,600 watt, 240 volt/120 volt, step up and step down, 50 or 60 Hz, the voltage you want anywhere in the word with the safety and convenience of isolation and no reverse polarity
Victron Energy 3,000 watt inverter/120 amp charger with remote control and display
House Bank is eight 6 volt Trojan 105 batteries in 2 banks of 4, new 2015. Monitored via 2 e-monitors.
All loads protected by appropriately rated resettable circuit breakers
The genset, charger and alternator will all input over 100 amps charge as required
Electronic / Navigation
The high cost/constant upgrade of navigation equipment has been avoided by using high-end GPS and transducers and instruments connected via a Brookhouse wifi iMux. All required data is displayed on our 2 iPads using iNavX charts. It is also available on the radar/chartplotter.
Our backup is a Toughbook computer hard wired to the iMux running C-Maps software and displayed on a monitor at the nav station.
Raymarine 24 mile radar/chart plotter
Raymarine Smart Pilot 30 Autopilot
Raymarine Smart Heading Sensor
AMEC Camino Class B AIS (wifi model) and dedicated antenna 2015
B&G analog wind speed, direction, depth and boat speed
Ritchie Globemaster Compass
ICOM 718 SSB/HAM radio with Pactor III modem. Radio had new screen and motherboard in 2014. Autotuner and KISS groundplane.
Standard Horizon GX1700B GPS VHF radio 2017
Marine Stereo with salon speakers, blue tooth control
Weems and Plath barometer
Weems and Plath chronometer
Tankage and plumbing
Four 316L stainless steel water tanks, total capacity 120 gal
Two marine grade aluminium diesel fuel tanks, combined capacity 100 gal
One black iron diesel fuel tank 50 gal. Checked and cleaned 2016
One FRP 30 gal holding tank
6 gallon stainless steel 1200 watt hot water heater with engine heat exchanger
7GPM FW pump, filtered water to galley
Two electric bilge pumps
Two Whale Mark V manual bilge pumps
Johnson 70 psi 5 gpm salt water wash down pump with bow outlet
Electric shower sump pumps
Both heads electric with macerators, fwd head raw water, aft head fresh water.
Separate Groco sea strainers for engine and genset
Separate Racor primary fuel filters for engine and genset
Electric fuel pumps to both genset and auxiliary
Bronze ball valve thru hulls and bronze tailpieces
Tank Tender monitors for fuel and water tanks
Force Ten 3-burner propane stove with oven and broiler
Propane locker with two 5 gallon propane tanks, one galvanized, one fiberglass. Safety switch
Double stainless steel deep sinks
Saltwater and freshwater foot pumps and taps
12 volt Ozefridge eutectic fridge and freezer
Stove safety rail and galley safety strap
Kuma stainless steel aft-mounted barbecue
Extensive pantry, drawer, and cabinet storage
Dual stainless/bronze anchor roller
Maxwell VWC 2200 anchor windlass with custom chain fairlead and integral chain stopper, electric up and down, forward and cockpit controls. Rope gypsy.
Bow pulpit with LED running lights
300' 5/16" G4 high test galvanized chain, regalvanized 2016
Additional 330' 5/16 high test gal chain
250' of ¾" 3-strand rode
250' of 1" braided rode
66 lbs galvanized Bruce anchor
66 lbs galvanized Delta anchor
Fortress 15 kg stern anchor with chain and rode
Folding dinghy anchor, ss chain and rode
Two stern mounted roller fairleads for stern anchor and drogue
Para Anchor Drogue with bridle and rode (over 280' including bridle)
Viking 4 man life raft (requires re-certification)
Edson binnacle, quadrant and sheaves
Folding teak cockpit table
Garhauer stainless steel crane on custom wind generator pole for outboard motor handling
Cockpit sailing awning
Covers for all hatches and winches,
Sunbrella and clear drop down cover for adverse conditions
Dinghy chocks, folding eye pads and straps
Sails and Rigging
Hood "Vectran" full batten mainsail with 3 reefs, on Antal slides and track
Hood "Vectran" 135% Genoa on Harken "Racing" roller/reefer (2016)
Ullman Sails Staysail
Asymmetrical tri-radial cruising spinnaker with sock
All standing rigging is 316 grade stainless steel compact strand 1x19 wire replaced in 2014 along with turnbuckles.
316 grade stainless steel chain plates replaced 2005, removed and inspected 2012 and 2016
Winches: 2 primary, 2 for staysail and reefing, 1 mainsheet, 1 furling, 2 mast
Navtec hydraulic vang and backstay tensioners
Harken Big Boat 4:1 main traveler system
Harken 75 4:1 mainsheet system 2012
Schaefer Series 10 mast collar lead blocks
4 Spinlock rope clutches in cockpit for first and second and third reefs and staysail sheets. 3 Spinlock clutches on mast for main, genoa and spinnaker halyards.
Dyneema 1/4" running backstays.
All halyards "Spectra" or equivalent
Original mast sheaves replaced by delrin sheaves 2016
High quality commercial grade foam cushions and bunks
LED lighting throughout
Extensive storage lockers
All Vassen ports replaced in 2012 with Newfound Metals ss ports and screens
5 opening Goiot hatches, new Lexan 2012