2008 J Boats J/122
Yacht price :
Proven Offshore Performance + Fast + Easy-to-Sail - The J/122
If you have been looking for the perfect 40 footer that you can race around the buoys or contend in point to point distance races, then turn around and cruise in style on your way back home, then the J/122 is worth consideration and should be at the top of your list - JUST IN TIME II is a fantastic example and must be seen to be truly appreciated. She has a classic Flag Blue (Awlgrip LP painted hull) with Cherry Wood throughout the interior for a rich yacht finish.
The J/122 is a versatile 40 foot performance sprit boat with comfortable live-aboard accommodations, (3 cabins in this case) a refined deck layout, modern keel design with a moderate 7.2' draft. The hull & deck are built using superior infusion molding technology to maximize durability and long term value.
The J122 is a IRC-friendly cruiser/racer, and offers a completely furnished interior, a simple to manage balanced sail plan, head-turning performance and great looks. The J/122s have quickly set the new performance standard for dual-purpose 40 foot yachts both inshore and offshore.
- J Boats
- SAN DIEGO, CA, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- JUST IN TIME II
- Boat Type:
- Racer and Cruiser
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Alan Johnstone
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 40 ft - 12.19 meter
- 40 ft - 12.19 meter
- 11 ft 9 in - 3.58 meter
- Draft - max:
- 7 ft 2 in - 2.19 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- 35 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 42 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
• B&G Zeus 12" at Nav. and 7" at aft end of coachhouse, plus 3 20/20 displays on mast.
• Factory reverse cycle air conditioning.
• Electric 2 speed main halyard winch - port side cabin top.
• Kevlar backstay.
• Lifeline boarding gates port and standards.
• Opening ports on aft end of coachhouse.
• Carbon Fiber helm wheel.
• Keel and rudder faired to design templates.
Race record from past owner (Current owner used the boat for day sailing and a few casual day races)
-2011 Charleston Race Week winner: PHRF Class B winner. 4 Bullets!!!
-2010 Texas Race Week-2nd
-2010 Sperry Topside Regatta-2nd
-2009 NYYC Race Week-2nd
-2009 J122 North American Championship-1st.
-2008 NYYC Annual Regatta-3rd
-2008 Sperry Topside Regatta-1st.
The interior is finished in a satin varnish Cherry Wood, All seating and berth cushions finished in Blue Ultra-suede fabric for a classic yacht finish.
• White laminate finish for better wear resistance.
• Open locker/molded shelf at top companionway step for loose deck gear.
• Steps with angled treads between bulkheads.
• SS handrails mounted between bulkheads.
• Front engine access through piston assisted hinge-up lid.
AFT CABINS/BERTHS (Port & Starboard)
• Large hanging locker.
• Locker with doors, storage below and above.
• Shelf along the hull side.
• Large double berth.
• Access hatch inboard to water heater.
• Access door to engine.
CHART TABLE (to port)
• Large forward facing chart table.
• Chart and navigation tool storage under table top lid.
• Drawer and locker storage under chart table.
• Top access bookshelf/bin locker outboard.
• Large hinge down panels outboard and on angled face for instruments.
• Overhead halogen light and dedicated snake like chart light.
• Navigator's seat with storage below.
• Storage cabinet above seat back.
U-SHAPED GALLEY (to starboard)
• Gimballed LPG gas stove with oven and 2 burners.
• Double s/s sink unit recessed in synthetic resin worktop.
• Pressurized hot and cold water.
• Large moulded icebox/fridge, with single top access.
• Two utensil drawers.
• Large storage under drawers.
• Storage under sink with shelf.
• Trash bin with direct access from worktop.
• Full length locker outboard of galley worktop with vented locker doors & crockery storage system.
• Settee/berths to port and starboard with storage behind seat backs.
• Drop leaf table with integrated bottle storage compartment.
• Water tank and fuel tank under settees.
• Stainless handrails on overhead.
• Two cabinets and bookshelf outboard of both port and starboard settees.
• Integrally moulded sink for easy maintenance, with shower tray,
• Sink is recessed in synthetic Blue resin colored worktop, with rail for hand towel.
• Retractable faucet/shower with pressurized hot and cold water.
• Electric shower drain pump.
• Large storage area along the hull side with dual hinged & angled mirror doors.
• Large double V-berth.
• Large hanging locker.
• Locker on port side.
• Shelf above berth on port side, bow sprit containment area to starboard.
• Access door to main cabin and forward head.
2007 UK Carbon Mainsail (single reef)
2007 UK Carbon # 4 jib (heavy)
2007 UK Carbon # 3 jib (medium)
2007 North 3DL # 3 jib (light)
2007 North 1 A spinnaker
2007 UK "Jumbo" spinnaker (North 2 A equiv.)
2007 UK "Heavy" spinnaker (North 3 A equiv.)
2007 Ullman Daisy staysail/drifter
2008 Code 0 Norlam
2008 Ullman Dacron "delivery" mainsail (3 reefs)
2008 Ullman Dacron "delivery" #5 jib
2008 North storm trysail
B&G ZEUS 12" GPS Chartplotter at Nav Station
B&G ZEUS 7" MFD at aft end of coachhouse starboard side
B&G 20/20 displays on mast 3
ICOM VHF Radio
Magnetic compass in cockpit
Length Overall: 40'
Length at Waterline: 34' 8"
Draft: 7' 2"
Ballast: 5,600 Lbs
Displacement: 14,900 Lbs
Mast Height Above Water: 63' Plus B&G Wind Wand
Volvo Saildrive Unit
Engine Hours: 442 hrs as of 2/21/19
Fuel: 35 gal Aluminum
Fresh Water: 42 gal Aluminum
Holding Tank: 22 gal Plastic
SPARS and RIGGING
• Auto-claved carbon fiber mast, runnerless with double spreaders, mainsail track, finished in white Awlgrip, with clear coat carbon weave below deck.
• White painted aluminium boom, with 12:1 outhaul purchase sytem, two reef line sheaves, internal mainsheet.
anchoring point and forward articulated blocks to deck.
• Pre-molded mast wedge system, and adjustable mast step.
• Discontinuous rod rigging (Nitronic 50).
• Remote panel hydraulic backstay adjuster with panel installed on forward face of pedestal.
• SS hydraulic panel guard.
• Jib furling system with integrated furler drum into the deck.
• Retractable carbon bowsprit controlled from cockpit with watertight containment box draining overboard.
• Solid Nautos boomvang with 24:1 integral purchase system.
• Harken winches, port cabin top winch is electric.
• Line clutches on cabin top.
• One Vectran mainsail halyard.
• One Vectran genoa halyard with snap shackle.
• Two spinnaker halyard with snap shackle.
• Sheet package of two spinnaker sheets, two jib sheets, one Spectra main sheet, and one Spectra tack line with snap shackle.
• Mainsail traveller lines.
• Adjustable jib car lines.
• Two reef lines.
PLUMBING and ELECTRICAL
• Manual bilge pump in cockpit
• Electric bilge pump with switch from automatic to manual with control and individual warning light.
• Shower drain pump with filter.
• Pressurized water system.
• 12V DC refrigeration.
• Stainless water tank (42 gallon) under main cabin settee
• Icebox drain.
• 5 gallon hot water tank.
• Marine Head - Manual
• Holding tank with Y-valve and pump-out.
• 12V 18 breaker electrical panel, with fuel gauge, voltmeter and ampmeter.
• 110V main circuit breaker and panel.
• Halogen lights on ceilings and swivelling tulip lights in cabins.
• Ceiling light in heads.
• Low voltage LED navigation lights on pushpit and pulpit.
• Steaming light and mooring light.
• Grounding system for protection against lightning.
• Two 80 AH AGM type batteries & one 70 AH battery for engine, with switches. The batteries are charged by either the engine or the battery charger/shore power.
• Battery charger.
• 110V Shorepower inlet with 30 amp service and shorepower cable
All canvas done in Navy Blue
• Mainsail cover (with lazy jacks)
• Wheel cover
• Mast boot at deck
• Lifeline pads
• Hatch covers 4
JK3 offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.Owners personal items not included in sale of vessel.